As a business speaker and business keynote speaker, I am always looking for great stories: The Winter Olympics provided many lessons:
1) These Winter Olympians are high risk takers-skiing down the ice at immense speeds, bobsleding at speeds faster than my car, and snowboarders doing flips on their board-two stories up in mid-air. There is always a possiblity for injury and worse-death.
2) Shaun White is the real deal. He has transcended his sport of snowboarding and he deserves it. I hope he becomes a great role model.
3) Lindsey Vonn is one of the greatest women skiiers of all time, who can still win a gold with injuries.
4) Joannie Rochette mastered her emotions to a bronze medal. We forget that these athletes have families that have huge impacts on their career.
5) Hockey in Canada is similar to a religion!
What a great Olympics!!! Looking forward to the next Olympic games in summer 2012.
Find your passion, commit to your path, enjoy the journey-Dr. Gregg
Dr. Gregg Steinberg is a sport psychologist to many professional athletes, motivational speaker, business keynote speaker and sales training speaker. To see more about mental toughness strategies and going Full throttle in your sales, business and life, go to www.drgreggsteinberg.com and see his new book, Full Throttle on amazon.com. To see more about his coaching go to http://tinyurl.com/yemlfs8 and to see his products go to http://tinyurl.com/yjk5q6x